Sunday, September 29, 2013

Week 6: Finishing and Framing

I'm not quite finished with the soldering but I should be able to get it all done next week. I'm going to try to go in on Tuesday to put some extra time in.

This week we also discussed what we would want to do for our class project. Our whole class is going to make individual West Virginia themed pieces. We broke into groups of three so that we could work out some themes within the theme. My group is going to go for an industry theme. I am going to work on designing a coal miner's helmet with lamp. I'd like to set it up with the miner's helmet looking straight on with the lamp being the focal point. The background scenery will be green rolling hills and a blue sky. There will be lots of color!

The coal miner's helmet is a special symbol to me. My father, uncles, and grandfather are/were all coal miners. I'm thankful to be able to work on a piece that will have a special meaning. I hope to be able to gift it to my father.



4 comments:

  1. I like the idea of a coal miner's hat. I am interested in the colors you will pick for this project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an awesome idea. I'm really looking forward to seeing it develop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great! Can't wait to see the design process start.... Will the panels extend from one to the other or just hold the general theme? Regardless, I know you guys will do a great job! And we have plenty of glass!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a great idea. Industry is such a big part WV history and I bet there will some really nice designs.

    ReplyDelete